Towards Trustworthy AI
Dr. Qiongkai Xu is a lecturer at Macquarie University, having earned his PhD from the Australian National University and previously served as a research fellow at the University of Melbourne. His research primarily focuses on Natural Language Processing, Privacy & Security, Machine Learning and Data Mining. Recently, his attention has been directed towards auditing machine learning models, specifically in two areas: 1) identifying and addressing privacy and security issues in ML/NLP models and their applications and 2) developing comprehensive evaluation theory and methods for ML/NLP models from various perspectives.
If you’re passionate about these research topics, I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas. Email: qiongkai.xu[at]mq.edu.au
- [Nov, 2023] I am fortunate to have won the Research Pitching Session at Macquarie University!
- [Nov, 2023] I am honored to serve as an Area Chair for LREC-COLING 2024!
- [Oct, 2023] I am excited to become a lecturer (a.k.a assitant professor) at Macquarie University!
- [Oct, 2023] ‘Mitigating Backdoor Poisoning Attacks through the Lens of Spurious Correlation’ is accepted to EMNLP 2023. Congratulations to Xuanli!
- [Oct, 2023] ‘Boot and Switch: Alternating Distillation for Zero-Shot Dense Retrieval’ is accepted to Findings of EMNLP 2023. Congratulations to Fan!
- [Sep, 2023] I am honored to be awarded DAAD Net-AI fellowship, visiting University of Bonn and Leuphana University of Luneburg.
- [Jul, 2023] ‘Fingerprint Attack: Client De-Anonymization in Federated Learning’ is accepted to ECAI 2023 (with acceptance rate 24%).
- [May, 2023] ‘Rethinking Round-Trip Translation for Machine Translation Evaluation’ is accepted to Findings of ACL 2023.
- [Apr, 2023] I will serve as Publication Chair at ALTA 2023.
- [Feb, 2023] I will be teaching ‘Text Analytics for Business’ (BUSA90543) this winter semester.
- [Feb, 2023] ‘Security Challenges in Natural Language Processing Models’ is accepted to EMNLP 2023 (Tutorial). See you in Singapore!
- [Jan, 2023] One paper ‘Humanly Certifying Superhuman Classifiers’ is accepted to ICLR’23 (spotlight, notable-top-25%). If you would like to certify a ‘superhuman’ classifier, check our latest paper.
- [Jan, 2023] Congrats to Yujin and Terry! ‘Training-Free Lexical Backdoor attacks on Language Models’ is accepted to WWW’23 (oral, acceptance rate 19.2%).
Rethinking Round-Trip Translation for Machine Translation Evaluation, Terry Yue Zhuo, Qiongkai Xu, Xuanli He, Trevor Cohn
(Accepted to Findings of ACL 2023).
Humanly Certifying Superhuman Classifiers, Qiongkai Xu, Christian Walder, Chenchen Xu Proceedings of the Eleventh International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR), May 2023.
CATER: Intellectual Property Protection on Text Generation APIs via Conditional Watermarks, Xuanli He, Qiongkai Xu, Yi Zeng, Lingjuan Lyu, Fangzhao Wu, Jiwei Li, Ruoxi Jia Proceedings of the 36th Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), Nov 2022.
Student Surpasses Teacher: Imitation Attack for Black-Box NLP APIs, Qiongkai Xu, Xuanli He, Lingjuan Lyu, Lizhen Qu, Gholamreza Haffari Proceedings of the 29th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING), Oct 2022.
- Adhering, Steering, and Queering: Treatment of Gender in Natural Language Generation, Yolande Strengers, Lizhen Qu, Qiongkai Xu, Jarrod Knibbe Proceedings of the 2020 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI), Apr 2020.
- GraRep: Learning Graph Representations with Global Structural Information, Shaosheng Cao, Wei Lu, Qiongkai Xu Proceedings of the 24th ACM international on conference on information and knowledge management (CIKM), Oct 2015.